Who doesn’t want to attain the #1 ranking for their sites?
Every site owner aims to attain the first top position of search engine rankings. And this is possible when your site drives a huge volume of traffic.
Do you know which factor is more responsible for generating engaging audience or traffic? Plenty of factors are there that promise to engage the audience and build traffic. But HTML tags need a special mention.
HTML tags play an important role in SEO. It enables the search engines to crawl the site content and let them decide what it is all about. Understanding the content, the search engine like Google ranks the site on SERPs.
When you hire the best SEO services in Kolkata, the SEO experts never forget to add SEO tags in HTML. This improves the site visibility and increases the chance to rank higher. In short, HTML tags affect website performance a lot.
In this context, we will share with you the different types of HTML tags that can influence SEO and eventually the site. Here is the list.
6 Different types of HTML Tags that influence SEO performance
1. Title Tags:When you are busy finding ways to improve your search engine ranking and SEO performance, SEO experts pay more attention to Title tags. This is the very first thing that strikes the mind when it comes to search engine rankings.
Every search engine crawls the title first to understand what’s the content is all about. Based on this, it decides the website rankings. With this title tag, you enable Google and other search engines to learn about the content and explore the keywords associated with the title.
Every result displayed on SERPs is derived from the title tag. If the title tags look better, Google finds it easier to rank the site. So, take care of it.
2. Meta Description Tags:Besides the title tags, meta description tags are another most familiar HTML tags that boost SEO performance. The meta description is the short and crispy summary of the content published on the site. It contains a couple of sentences that describe the overall content.
Along with proper information, the description should also hold the primary keywords. This increases the chance of exposing the content more on search engine results pages.
Both title tag and meta description tag work hand to hand. You just can’t focus on anyone to achieve better results.
3. Header Tags:Header tags as the name signifies is a tag that defines the headings or titles of the content. Around 55% of visitors go through the content only if they find
the title attractive. Without this, it becomes impossible for the readers to find what exactly they are looking for.
Header tags can be categorized into multiple categories. These include –
H1 – webpage titles
H2 – Topic titles
H3 – Highlights the points or subheadings
H4 – Highlights points under H3.
H5 – Usually used for the extended points under H4, if any.
Using these header tags, search engines can determine different sections of the content and possibly can create featured snippets to make the content for impressive.
4. Canonical Tags:
5. Alt Tags: So, you are busy scripting your content and forget about the images that make your content attractive. Is that so? Statistics say that over 94% of online viewers prefer to read textual content only if it contains attractive images or other visual elements.
Visual elements or graphics improve the percentage of customer engagement and even boost the search engine rankings of the site. But the latter happens only when the search engine can derive the images and determine what exactly they want to convey.
That’s when you need Alt tags. Using this tag, you can educate the search engines about the image content. This increases the exposure of your content on search engine result pages whenever a relevant search is made.
6. Open Graph Tags:Integrating social media icons on websites is not enough to connect the site with social networks or generate traffic from social channels. What you need is to boost the search and display abilities for social media. This is when you need open graph tags.
Open Graph tags when used by Facebook, pulls information directly from the tag. The same thing happens for every social network. For example, an article is shared on Facebook. If you are using this tag, it will directly extract the title and meta description of the content along with the cover image and display them on the social platform.
Are you desperate enough to build search engine rankings for your site? Don’t forget to optimize your HTML tags. A single mistake can ruin your overall SEO performance. Hire the SEO services offered by the reputed digital marketing company in Delhi, Kolkata, or other regions and get the hands of the experts.